I recently purchased an pretty inexpensive spiralizer, and so far, I’m a big fan. I’m always on the hunt for good, inexpensive plant-based recipes, and this certainly expands my options. One such recipe is a tomato, zucchini, and squash “pasta”. It is super easy to make, and quite tasty!
- 2 Zucchinis
- 2 Squashes
- 1 28oz can of tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 container of mushrooms (any type you like)
- 4ish tablespoons of parsley
- 4ish tablespoons of oregano
- ½ white or yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Get your “pasta” on:
- Spiralize the Zucchini and Squash into a bowl
- Add the ‘pasta’ to a medium saucepan (you can use olive oil if you want, otherwise, just add a bit of water so it doesn’t stick) and cook for just a couple of minutes. Since the veggies are so thin, they don’t take long to cook, but they will burn easily!
Get your sauce on:
You can really follow any sauce recipe you like - the below is just a simple suggestion based on sauces I have made in the past!
- Saute the onion and mushrooms in a medium saucepan for about two minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and cook for another five or so minutes.
Mix the two together, and enjoy! It’s that easy.